Job Description: Sales Associate
Reports To: Sales Manager
Floor Coverings International Northwest Phoenix provides the best experience period. Together, we create abundant experiences for our customers, people, and communities. We are looking for a design associate with excellent communication skills, experience, and savvy to meet new clients in their homes and sell them our products and services.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to be self-motivated, work independently, communicate well, and be highly organized and enjoy a team atmosphere. We are looking for an individual who isn’t afraid to work hard. Experience in the flooring industry is a plus but not required. The right individual will play a key part in the expansion of this company and will have the opportunity to grow as the company grows.
- Retrieve Lead emails/texts daily from the Inside Sales office/email and run assigned appointments utilizing the current Floor Coverings International Sales System (Inspired Sales System by Rodney Webb)
- Perform Inspired Sales System ONLY in each home to convert appointments into sales.
- Utilize the InspireNet Mobile 3.0 application for Android on provided Samsung Galaxy tablet
- Take required photographs of client post production to add to your reference list
- Follow all company systems & processes
- Consistently achieve minimum performance goals of 30% Close Rate in 1st 6 months, 35% after 1st 6-month period
- Update your planner for the week on Monday. Update nightly planning for next day.
- Update InspireNet Mobile daily with results and send in GSR prep to supervisor by Sunday night at 6pm
- Attend all one-on-one meetings scheduled with Sales Manager
- Attend all company-provided training programs
- Attend weekly Sales Training meetings on time as scheduled
- Build relationships with realtors, designers, builders and others to support local marketing strategy
Position Specific Standards/Behaviors:
- Be available to run 2-3 appointments per day, 6 days per week
- Meet with Installers to kick-off jobs
- Visit/check-in daily on jobs in progress
- Inspect all completed jobs for quality
- Get online reviews, referrals, and reference pictures from customers
- Develop and Maintain a Lead Generation & Prospecting Plan
- Return all customer and company phone calls within 24 hours
- Maintain a working PC for InspireNet and working tablet for InspireNet Mobile 3.0
Company-Wide Specific Standards/Behaviors:
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude of teamwork
- Always strive to exceed the customers’ expectations
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Assist anyone in the company to achieve the Company’s Strategic Objective
- Perform all work according to company policies and standards, as well as in the spirit of the company’s vision, mission, values, beliefs, and priorities
- Notify immediate supervisor of any issues that cannot be resolved or deadlines that cannot be met within a reasonable time frame and before the deadline has arrived
- Take accountability for completing assignments and meeting deadlines in a timely and professional manner
- Test and improve all systems by using them. Bring any problems or concerns with a system to the attention of amanager so that the system can be continuously improved and updated in the Operations Manuals. Employees performing the work will be asked for input prior to revising existing processes.
- Keep all business communications professional in tone and content
- Maintain and wear professional attire
Minimum Experience and Education
- A desire to make a real difference in a small company, and to have some fun along the way
- Basic business knowledge
- Solid experience delivering customer service
- Experience managing a busy work schedule
- High School Diploma
Training and Ongoing Education
Preferred Experience and Education
- College Degree – Associates or Bachelors
- Prior construction experience or knowledge of construction industry
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Sitting 80% (in the office, client’s homes, driving to appointments)
- Standing/walking 20%
- Moderate noise levels from office equipment.
- Minimum lifting requirements of 45 pounds to carry sample kits into client’s homes
- Frequent client and inter-office personnel interaction; heavily dependent on excellent customer interaction.
- Hearing – Must be able to hear telephonic equipment and comfortably communicate with clients and others by telephone and in person.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) as required for business software, and operating office machines.
Performance Standards (Success Factors)
- Adhere to company CoreValues
- Deliver what you promise
- Respect the individual
- Have pride in what you do
- Be open minded to possibilities and practice continuous improvement
- Engage in the community; make it fun
Weeks: 1-4 (Training Program)
- $2,000 per month or $1,000 bi-weekly (Training Wage)
Weeks: 5+ (100% Commission)
Sales Commissions (7%)
- 6% of Net Sales paid out when company is paid
- 1% of Net Sales paid as Quarterly Bonus if Rodney Ratio is above 120 (Demo % + Close %)
Management Commissions (3%)
- 1% of sold job for Job Kick-Off and Daily Check-in
- 1% of sold job for completing Every Job Activities
- 20 Door Hangers Hung around neighborhood
- Yard Sign Installed
- Installation crews wearing Floor Coverings International shirts
- 0.5% of sold job for getting an Online Customer Review
- 0.5% of sold job for getting a Customer Referral Appointment (must demo appointment)
Average Job Size (AJS) is $7,500
Average is 6-12 Jobs per Month
Average Earnings in First Year
- Year 1 - $50,000 to $75,000
- Year 2 - $75,000 to $100,000
- Year 3 - $100,000+
- Cell phone, Samsung Galaxy Tablet
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have a Driver's License?
- Do you speak English?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?