Commercial Roofing That's Right For You
Finding the right type of roofing for your commercial building can be difficult. With so many options available, from SPF to TPO and EPDM, understanding the pros and cons of each can get complicated. Roofing101 is here to help.
To ensure your commercial property has a roof that will provide your building with the best protection, Roofing101 can help you select a roofing or reroofing treatment that suits your needs and your budget.
Commercial roofing is often described by the type of roof on the building: flat, low slope, shed, and steep slope are common examples. In some cases, roofing is described by the installation technique, like built-up roofing, standing-seam roofing, single-membrane roofing, or torch-down roofing. Roofing101 is experienced in many roofing types, techniques, and materials, including:
- Metal Roofing. This includes factory-made panels and flashing profiles, as well as roofing panels that are cut and formed at the building site. When installed on a sloped roof, metal roofing offers the benefits of energy efficiency and are low maintenance.
- SPF (Spray Polyurethane Foam). This is a popular roofing option for flat and low-slope roofs. Applied with spray equipment, an SPF roof provides a seamless roof covering that can go over an existing roof or over new construction.
- EPDM Roofing. Also referred to as “rubber roofing,” this membrane material (technically known as ethylene propylene diene monomer) is black and flexible like a rubber inner tube. EPDM roofing can be installed on flat and low-slope roofs.
- TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin). This roofing is a single-membrane system, just like EPDM roofing. The white TPO material used most often does a good job of reflecting solar radiation, which helps to reduce the demand for air conditioning in hot weather.
- Modified Bitumen. This type of roofing is applied in rolls that are usually heated with a torch to seal seams and adhere the asphaltic material to the substrate and to flashing details. The popularity of more modern single-membrane systems (EPDM & TPO) has reduced the demand for modified bitumen roofing.
- Asphalt Shingle Roofing. This roofing option is among the most affordable and gives building owners many shingle styles and colors to choose from.
The expert roofers at Roofing101 are trained and certified to work with many different types of commercial roofing systems. We provide commercial roof repair, maintenance, and replacement to ensure that your commercial building is properly protected.
If you are in need of commercial roof repair, replacement, or new roof installation, contact us for a free estimate today!