We provide expert solar panel installation to residents in San Diego, CA, Phoenix, AZ, & Bellevue, WA. Roofing 101 is proud to offer top-of-the-line solar roofing installation that will transform the way your home uses energy.
Benefits of Solar Panels For Your Roof
- Having solar panels installed will provide you with potential energy savings. Additionally, you may be eligible to receive a 26% federal tax credit when you purchase solar panels, so if you’re in the market for a new roof, going solar can help offset that cost! Solar customers pay an average of 20-30% less than those paying for traditional power sources. Furthermore, solar users are locked into price protection, so there are no surprises on your power bill.
- Save the Environment. Reduce your family’s carbon footprint without making drastic, expensive changes to your lifestyle. Energy harvested from your roof is clean, safe, and simple to use.
We understand the hesitation and confusion that can come with making a big decision like this. Our team of experts will provide you with personalized, courteous service and help you make an informed decision that will turn your home’s outdated roof into an environmentally friendly one.
Why Go Solar?
The energy output of roof-mounted solar technology ranges from 55 W to 110 W per shingle. While generating power output, solar roofs also last for two to three decades of maximum energy production while also serving as a protective covering. With solar, you can passively offset your energy usage by harnessing light energy.
What Type of Solar Roofing is Available?
There are a few different types of solar roof options available. Solar panels have been around the longest, and are usually seen as larger panels mounted on elevated racks. This keeps the heat from the solar cells well ventilated to prevent a loss of energy output. These panels are flat, rigid panes, and are several feet wide.
Solar shingles developed as a rackless system with smaller, rectangular solar panels installed alongside asphalt shingles on the roof. The newest shingles are slightly larger than your average asphalt shingles and are made from monocrystalline silicon. The majority of solar shingles use thin-film solar cells, which have a slightly lower energy conversion efficiency rate of 12 percent compared to monocrystalline silicon’s 20 percent.
The number of panels or shingles it takes to power a home or building depends on the building’s size and average energy consumption as well as how much sunlight hits the building’s location and how much of the roof faces southward. Solar technology produces energy even from overcast skies. If the location has year-round sunshine, any excess energy generated will be sent to the electrical grid, and you will be reimbursed or credited by your electrical company.
- Thorough consultation. You’ll meet with one of our trained professionals who will help you determine if solar roofing is right for you and your home. This includes an inspection of your roof and the amount of sun it’s exposed to.
- Strategic design. Our designers will create a custom site plan that matches your home design to maximize your potential energy savings.
- Careful installation & inspection. Roofing 101’s professional roofers care about quality solar installations done right. Our team will complete your project with the utmost diligence. Before we begin, we’ll meet with your local inspector to ensure our installation meets local jurisdiction requirements.
- Potential savings. After all of the necessary permissions are in order, you’ll have the green light to start enjoying the benefits of cleaner renewable energy.
Call today to schedule a solar panel estimate and learn more about the solar systems we install.